Jesus Lover. Living in Grace.

Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday Favorites!

 Friday is here!  Friday is here!  

Normally, I post Friday favorites about random items that I have found lately that just make my days a little more happy.  Today, I thought I would change it up a bit with Mothers Day approaching and post some fond memories of my mom, my favorite things or memories about my mother. 

My Top 5 memories of my Mother.   

5.    My yardsale partner.  On the weekends we would always wake up super early to catch yard sales.  She wanted to get out there early, at least by 8 before all the "good stuff" was gone. We would come home with all kinds of knick knacks.  Car slap full of finds that would soon be found collecting dust somewhere. That's ok, at the time we knew it had a place in the house somewhere.  Her favorite things to buy were jewelry, tv's, and clocks.  She used to absolutely love clocks.  

4.    She used to love taking on the task of helping us move.  If it was packing up a house, or unpacking she loved to be involved.  Now, she wasn't looking for a job at Two men and a truck so the items could not be promised to arrive all in one piece.  Picture everything being placed into one box without any bubble wrap or newspaper.  It makes me laugh now just thinking about it.   Oh, the memories.  

3.    Her Macaroni Salad.  She used to have a homemade recipe of Macaroni salad with Tuna.  That was her dish (amongst many other dishes) that she always made at holidays or large family gatherings, and it always had a spot on my plate.  

2.    Her laugh.  She would laugh so hard sometimes she would cry.  We used to have a great time hanging out on her back porch and just shooting the breeze.  A lot of times when all the family would get together it was just a great time to reminisce and get mom laughing.  

1.    Her calls.  She would call a lot or text just to say hi. I still have an abundance of voicemails on my phone.  The other day, I happened to listen to a randomly selected voicemail that she had left on my phone, and she started out with saying Hope you are having a good Monday.  And it happened to be a Monday, so that just filled all the places to let me know although she is not here in body, she will always be with me in my heart and mind.  

My mom passed away in 2021 due to Covid. My dad also lost that battle a month prior.  She was full of energy at 70 years of age, healthy and loved her kids. She did instill in me a love for God.  One of her favorite mentors was Joyce Meyer.  Every morning, she would watch her show.  My mom could be found volunteering at church pretty much anywhere they needed the help.  From answering phones to helping assemble merchandise for outreach events.  

She had a lot of people in this life who loved her.  And we truly miss her. 







Our last Christmas in 2020


She loved Crablegs!  














No comments:

Post a Comment