Jesus Lover. Living in Grace.

Sunday, May 19, 2024

When Life throws you a twist.....

 Well, this week was a busy week!  I had my car battery die this week at work.  After my shift, my car would not start.  It just did a click, and I knew that I had trouble.  I was able to call my insurance and they sent someone out free of charge with my roadside assistance coverage.  That was a life send!  The next morning, I had enough of a charge to start it to get to the mechanics and replace it.  

I told the guy at the mechanic garage, I remember working at Walmart in 1995 in the automotive section and car batteries at that time were like $35.00, now they are $159.00!! Oh my goodness.  But it was free installation with purchase of battery.  It all worked out.  I also went ahead and replaced two of my tires that were showing steel tread.  I have had to stop by the air machine at least once a week to fill my tires, so I went ahead and just replaced those two as well.  

Lesson Learned is that I have now started a Maintenance Journal for my car and home.  

Since I have been using my air more often, I also opened up my a/c intake here at home for the first time since I moved in, which was 2022.  It was disgusting!!  I started realizing why my son was sneezing up to 10 times in a row.  The a/c filter was of course full of dust and the intake had so much dust and debris, I filled up a Walmart grocery bag with lint and dust from the a/c intake area alone.  Note to self, start changing the a/c filter at least once every 3 months.  I also bought a Yankee Candle scent for the a/c filter.  You hook it on to the filter and it will have a fresh scent throughout your whole home.  I love it!  The reviews do seem consistent to say that this would be more for a party, or an odor you are trying to get out of the home because it does not last very long.  Max like 1 week.  But it was fun to try out. For me, it is day two and I love it. The scent is Apple Cinnamon.  

Journals or day planners have always been fun for me to buy and try to use on a daily basis.  Recently, I did buy a Wellness Journal at Walmart and I am loving it!  Nowadays the journals come with reminders about exercise, meditation time, screen time, what is your mood like today.   Great way to stay on top of maintenance in the home and car.  And just smile when opening it up daily.  





It has a section for the week ahead planning, also a separate page for daily appointments and then a weekly recap page of everything that transpired the week 

 Here are some additional things it allows you to track on a weekly basis:
  • Watered the plants 
  • Washed my hair 
  • Hydrated 
  • Acts of Self Care
  • Acts of Kindness
  • Lessons Learned
  • Daily Affirmations 



Fun stickers to add in the planner! 



Reminders of adding joy to each day!  

  • Check out the clearance section in the garden center if you are on a limited budget and want to spruce up the yard 
  • Stop by the floral section and buy a bundle of flowers for the inside of the home
  • Buy a new scent for the home or car. 
  • Read a good book and just relax! 




No comments:

Post a Comment