Jesus Lover. Living in Grace.

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Green Thumb is back!

 Now that the cold weather is finally taking a turn and temps have been up near the 80's, I am back out in the yard.  Winter sure did bring a lot of dead leaves.  But I have started the clean-up process, and I am projecting to have the yard back in shape by Spring, which is officially March 19th!  

Last week I raked several piles of leaves, I had about 12 bags of leaves and still have several more piles that I need to bag up and ship out to get this yard looking neat again.  

Yesterday I decided to buy some flower seed packets to plant around the backyard.  The packets are from Lowe's and were only about $2.20 per packet.



 


Someone on instagram had posted a picture of dahlias that she had planted along the side of her house and in the direct sunlight.  They were large (at least 1-2 ft) and looked beautiful, so I decided to buy some dahlias and plant those.  We shall see how they turn out.  Also, I bought morning glory packets, impatiens and snapdragon seeds.


Another yard goal!  Check out this hydrangea.  Beautiful!  It is referred to as an incrediball hydrangea, I cannot wait to plant this in the yard.  I have not bought it yet, but it is sure on my radar. The price is about $23.00/each, not too bad in my opinion.  



Here are also some yard goals, I saw this picture on pinterest and would love to recreate.  


How perfect would this spot be?  Like a hidden garden amongst evergreens. 

Another goal is to stencil my back yard patio and front covered sidewalk.  This would make such a world of difference! 





So many goals!  I am a person on a budget and everything takes time Lord have mercy!  


Anyhoo off to a great start!  


These are the pictures of my backyard (where the majority of my focus is) from last year.  The grass was so green and lush! 




This picture was the beginnings of my rose garden.  Also, before I added the arbor and pavers.  




This is my make believe she shed.  It only stores my mower and bike, but it keeps both dry!  Otherwise, it really should be torn down.  I am trying to fix it up in the meantime with flowers and such. 




Hoping to show pictures by the end of summer and see how nice the yard overall looks this year!  

I love the sunshine and being outside!  

That is all for now, have a great day and week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment