Jesus Lover. Living in Grace.

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Resurrection Day

Today is the day celebrated throughout all eternity as the Resurrection Day!  I hope you are able to spend intentional time today remembering this day and what it means.  

My day was so relaxing.  I cannot imagine having a more relaxing day. First, I attended church and heard an old familiar hymn, Amazing Grace. I love the older hymns intermixed with the current songs.  The message was great, a message of hope and assurance.   After church I did not turn on the tv or my phone.  I just wanted it to be lowkey and quiet.  I spent the day outside, reading my book, making dinner and listening to some tunes by Fleetwood Mac, Doobie brothers and many other similar artists.   It was perfect and just what I needed.  

For dinner I decided to make Lasagna!  I want to share this recipe I found.  This year since I knew my son was going to be here with me, I decided to make Lasagna.  Normally I am a Stouffers frozen lasagna girl, if I eat Lasagna at all.  I don't typically eat Lasagna a lot or at all throughout the year but if I do it is frozen.  So, I pulled up this recipe from the internet.  It was titled the World's Best Lasagna.  I knew I had to try it.  If I am going to eat Lasagna, I want to make sure it tastes like the World's best lasagna.  



Here are the ingredients:

1 pound sweet Italian Sausage

3/4 lb ground beef

1/2 cup minced onion

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatos

2 (6.5 oz) cans canned tomato sauce 

2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste

1/2 cup water

2 tablespoons white sugar

4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided

1 1/2 teaspons dried basil leaves 

1 1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon italian seasoning

1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

12 lasagna noodles

16 oz ricotta cheese

1 egg

3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced (I used shredded)

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese



These pots and pans were my mothers, when she passed away, we inherited all of her dishes, and these are just two that she had. I felt a small piece of her with me today. Disregard the olive-green avocado stove.  ha!


To make:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

Brown the ground beef, Italian sausage and minced onion with garlic cloves until completely browned. 

Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, water, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, basil, salt, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, pepper.  

Let simmer for 1 hour.  Stirring occasionally.

After 1 hour, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 egg and remaining parsley with pepper.  Leave in the bowl. 

Boil the 12 lasagna noodles in slightly salted water.

After oven is pre-heated, place 1 1/2 cup of meat sauce along the bottom of the 10X13 baking pan.  

2nd layer is to lay down 6 noodles lengthwise, slightly overlapping. 

Spoon on half of the ricotta cheese mixture. 

Sprinkle on half of the mozzarella cheese, Also sprinkle on parmesan cheese. 

Repeat for a second layer.  

Top with remaining meat sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. 

Bake in the oven for 25 minutes covered with foil, then another 25 min without foil. 

Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.  



⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Yummmm......The final product was Deelicious!  It was so yummy!     And this recipe I would give 5 stars.  I tasted all the flavors and savored every bite! A step above the Stouffers frozen Lasagna.

The sun is shining here in Florida, and I love it.  I hope you have a great week! 








No comments:

Post a Comment