Jesus Lover. Living in Grace.

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Random Musings

 First, I cannot rave enough about the Florida Sunshine this weekend.  It was in the 80's again during the day and in the 50's at night.  Perfect sleeping weather and in the daytime, it is hard to stay inside.  I just finished my 1-mile walk hoping to get some Vitamin D and tan up my skin a bit. Even though sometimes I do not feel like taking the walk I know it is good for me.  

Today on my walk I listed to a new podcast about grief.  Typically, I will listen to music that I have downloaded from Apple Tunes, but I wanted something different for my mind to listen to instead of just music.  This podcast was from Dr Alison Cook and she had a guest host.  He was a priest but also a therapist. They referred to him as a thera-priest.  He had a lot of insightful thoughts and could totally relate to loss due to his own personal experience at a young age.  Normally her podcasts are devoted to Mental health. You know this morning I was listening to a church broadcast, and they had a guest on giving the statistics on Mental Health. A lot more people have been facing mental health issues in this day in age than any other. Or maybe you just hear about it more.  I am just glad that people follow their calling so that they can share their knowledge to others that may not know what to classify their "state of mind".  or how to fix it.  There are answers people, pursue the answers.  

But I also know that grief is a totally separate category and should be treated as such. I remember hearing someone who had lost a loved one to say that sometimes just out of the blue she would start tearing up.  She said it felt like little pockets of love that she could not give.  Because the person had passed away.  And that is so true.  Grieving is hard, I have never had to deal with grief before losing my parents.  I never truly knew what it meant to experience loss.  But when you take people out of your life that walked this journey alongside you for so many years, it is an out of body experience.   Nothing that I would ever want someone to go through.  It makes you question your existence.  You know that God has a master plan and that is what keeps you pursuing the journey.  Because somewhere along the way God will show you that joy comes in the morning.  Psalm 30:5.  Keep your eyes on God, if you keep them on yourself, you will keep feeling sorry for yourself and doubting.  God wants us to remember to lean on him during times of despair.  Isaiah 43:2-3 When you walk through the waters I will be there, and through the flames.  I remember singing this hymn as a child.  

All that being said, it is okay to continue to mourn.  You loved somebody deeply and they are missing.  God knows.  He knows everything.  

Well, it is Sunday evening and that means my days of vacation are over (mini-vacay).  Back to work.

Something quick that I wanted to share, I read this blog every day, her name is mixandmatchmama.com.  I love reading her blog because it allows me to just take my eyes off of my own life for just a brief moment and be happy for her.  I am careful not to idolize and think wow she has it all because I know she doesn't post all the details of her personal life.  It is a fun blog to read and just follow along and get to hear about all the good in the world. She is a travel agent so she does travel extensively.  If you don't follow her, you should.  She is a real live person, and she lives in Mckinney, TX.  God says not to covet so I don't but wow she is one blessed lady!  

Also, this is an article I just read today.  How inspiring is this lady?  She is 65 and looks amazing!  She has been lifting weights and is really putting her best foot forward to get in the best shape of her life.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/i-m-a-65-year-old-bodybuilder-i-ve-never-been-more-confident/ar-BB1lBNAG?ocid=socialshare&pc=HCTS&cvid=3ab166bc10544d87a5a99c784bb6d7aa&ei=20

My Sunday night regimen is about to take place.  First, bath time.  Second, face mask for 20 minutes. And then a few minutes of screen time.   Tonight, I also had a glass of wine.  That helps too to unwind.  

Have a great week!  I hope that you take a few minutes and just take intentional time for yourself this week.  Or just dream about taking intentional time for yourself. ha!   Sirius XM has a spa channel.  Perhaps play it inside or in the car! It used to be number one on my presets in the car.  Very soothing.  

Peace, Love and all Good things! 













No comments:

Post a Comment