Jesus Lover. Living in Grace.

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Spring is in the Air

 I hope you enjoyed the previous recipe for Lasagna!  I loved it and nearly ate every bite of it.  Well, this blog all started about 14 years ago, I actually started on a different website and lost my password, so I was unable to log in any longer. And the email address is no longer valid.  I then created this blog picking it up in the year 2012.

This page was originally started to document all the years of my kids' lives and everything in between in life that happens.  It was mainly geared for my family as the audience, just a way to keep everyone updated with family holidays and being able to have a place to upload pictures and stories of the day.  

Well one thing happened, two of my biggest fans are no longer here to update (they are now keeping the angel's company), so I have kinda slacked off, but I do feel led to update even still.  

Here is to you mom for the memory that still lives on.  

I recently bought a home! (well, actually in Dec 2022)  My first home to own alone.  I absolutely love it!  And I love the neighborhood that it is in.  There is so much work to be done; it will be an ongoing project for sure.  



One of the first big differences in the home is the living room.  The woman that lived here before me with her daughter was renting and they allowed her to paint the walls all black. (my realtor said it looked Navy to her)  I mean it was dreary! but I could see the potential even still.  here is a before pic.





Here is what several coats (more like 4 coats per wall) of paint did.  I love the way it turned out. The color is Sashay Sand by Sherwin Williams.





And here is my most fav thing to do. Curl up to the fireplace with a movie and a blanket.






I'll show you more pictures of the house soon.  Trying to make it pretty!  In time it will be all done.  But in the meantime, it keeps me busy on pinterest researching inexpensive ways to fix it up. 

Right now, since it is Spring, I have been focusing more on the outdoors and I have all the pins from pinterest.  Hoping to check them off one by one. 

Here are just a few ideas and wishes of how I would like my outdoor space to look.  



I just love pink and since I have been divorced I tend to lean towards pink a lot.  I guess I do because I can!  


I love the squared floor.  You could most certainly do this with a stencil so this is on the pinned list.


I just love the flowers and wicker furniture. So refreshing to look at.

 Sunday is the day to unwind, relax and plan for the week ahead.  I am planning to get back on track with eating right (after the week of lasagna) and hopefully being consistent and get back to walking at least 10000 steps a day.  That really helps with my energy.  The weather sure has not been disappointing this weekend. I did manage to get in over 8000 steps today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 80's.  How can you not be in just the greatest of moods with that weather?

I always start my day with prayer, reading my bible study and an energy drink plus coffee.  Caffeine wakes me up, Jesus keeps me going.












         

No comments:

Post a Comment